PAGES

Saturday Style Sessions - Black and White

Hi guys! These Saturday Style Sessions are going to be a new series that I do here at JAM Diaries and will feature outfits of the day, beauty bits or anything else vaguely relating!

Today we had a slow morning then headed off for lunch and shopping in the city. It's coming to the end of summer in the UK now (sob!) so getting to the point where a vest/t-shirt will no longer suffice!


I am wearing black jeans (from Tesco - don't judge they were a total bargain and for ONCE are long enough for my lanky legs), my grey Converse pumps, an awesome black and white jumper I got in the Zara sale and love - it's cuddly and squishy and yet looks a bit nicer than a plain boring jumper. I have gold earrings and necklace both from Accessorize and a ponytail to try to minimise the effects of the blustery wind on my very flyaway hair...

I was worried about looking too monochrome so added a bit of colour with some turquoise nails - I have worn this colour from Maxfactor on my toenails all summer and think it's fresh and summery. May have to come by Monday for work buttttt who cares.



I wanted to get a few beauty bits whilst out today so below you can see my mini haul.


 I have decided to try out a BB cream - late to the party, as normal. I treated myself to a nice one by Philosophy. It's the 'be your best' skin perfecting b.b. cream with spf 30 (£22.50 at John Lewis). I always try to wear spf throughout the year so this will be an easy way to try and prevent any winter wrinkles in a few years...! I tried out a couple in the shop including ones by Origins, the Body Shop, Bobbi Brown but found this to be the easiest to blend colour-wise and also the lightest. Some felt heavy like a foundation (and fyi, foundations SCARE me - I am so nervous about heavy cover and the horrendous face/neck orange line!) so this one suited my needs more. I don't tend to suffer too much from breakouts - she says with a massive pimple between her eyebrows (ATTRACTIVE) so light coverage is usually enough for me. Truth be told, I generally don't even bother and just use concealer under my eyes and a bronzer but I like the fact that a BB cream will also help moisturise and protect my skin. Once I have tried it out, I'll try and do some kind of review to let you know how I'm getting on with it.

I also went to Boots where I got a foundation brush to apply the above and two of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains. I have read that these are a good mix of a lipstick and a gloss and aren't too sticky so wanted to give them a go (also, two for £10 - why wouldn't I?!). I chose 001 'Honey' and 040 'Rendezvous'. You can see  them in the photo too but here's a better shot of the actual colours:


I tried both and love them - the Rendezvous (orange) is more summery and stand out whereas the Honey (pink) I can use more day to day as it's quite natural. I also experimented with putting one colour on my top lip and the other on the bottom and blending and it worked well!

Naturally, all that shopping was hungry work so we FINALLY went to a Mexican place I have fancied for a while called Chilacas and had amazing burritos and refill drinks from jam jars - such a cool idea! Check out my frizz hair too - turns out not even a pony tail could protect me from the gale force winds here today...



Let me know your thoughts on these posts and hopefully you'll be seeing more of them soon!

JAM.



No comments:

Post a Comment